Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for:
- Preparing sterile setup with instruments, supplies, equipment, and solutions/medications for cases as needed and assists surgeons in all types of procedures as required
- Maintaining an aseptic environment for patients
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and functional operating room environment and equipment
- Assisting other personnel in the control of supplies and medications
- Assists other personnel in assembling the supplies and equipment necessary for upcoming cases
- Assists in the instrument room as needed
- Reading and reviewing handwritten chart notes
The ideal candidate will:
- Have graduated from an Operating Room Technician course and have appropriate certification, or have graduated from an accredited school for Surgical Technology/Assisting (Required)
- Be physically capable of positioning patients, transporting patients by cart of wheelchair, and lifting, moving, or transporting supplies, instruments, and equipment
- Have knowledge of technical requirements for most surgical procedures
- Have a minimum of 1 year of operating room experience (preferred)
- Have knowledge of surgical instruments and their use
Job Type: PRN
This position is PRN where hours are not guaranteed, and benefits are not available.
Pay: $22.00 – $35.00/hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position is not benefit eligible
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
January 18, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center