Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
This Data Analyst is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant financial data to prepare and interpret financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze statistics and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports or ad hoc reports that enable management to control and analyze operations.
- Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with financial data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of financial information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial reporting.
- Provides financial modeling resources for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis. Brings strength in logic and analysis of data, sorts through data and determines which elements are useful or pertinent to the assigned project. Identifies outliers and recognizes trends, presents data and analysis results to appropriate parties.
- Assists in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis. Educates users of the assigned financial reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
- Provides education on available financial tools and resources and provides learning to non-financial staff so they can break down analysis in simple terms.
- Communicates all concerns, risk management issues, breakdown in protocol and constructive criticisms to supervisor. Follows chain-of-command established by supervisor when addressing protocol issues outside of business office department.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area including personal area, computer room and record storage area.
- Required to follow OCR and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. 2-4 year degree or certificate preferred.
- Requires a proficiency level typically attained with at least 1 year of experience in financial management/analysis work
- 1+ years of experience with Health Care Practice Management Systems, preferred
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
- Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs (especially Excel), plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses. Ability to write various formulas, pivot tables and identify mutually exclusive data points in Excel. Ability to self-direct and identify best practices for utilizing data from several different systems in different formats.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours a day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear and must be able to speak articulately. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Pay: $22.00 – $35.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
January 10, 2022
Monday - Friday
Full Time (Business Office)
$22.00 - $35.00/hour, commensurate with experience
Formal training/education to include 3-5 years in the insurance or medical industry. Strong analytical and Excel skills essential. Experience with Centricity Practice Solution and Experian solutions strongly recommended.