Works under the supervision of Director of Property Management Services. Repairs, replaces or installs items relating to maintenance or improvement of the mechanical and physical healthcare facilities.
- Performs and rounds routinely checking the
- Operation and safety of the mechanical systems.
- Performs assigned preventative/corrective work orders.
- Performs security functions and corrects security problems if possible, or notifies appropriate person for correction.
- Operates and services equipment.
- Keeps records of maintenance up-to-date. This includes work orders, time sheets, preventative maintenance cards, equipment startup and shutdown procedures, corrective maintenance records and other governmental required records.
- Includes the supervision and coordination of system work subcontracted to other businesses.
- Attends project meetings and maintains project budgets.
- Coordinates facilities projects with internal resources and vendors.
- Provides guidance & mentorship to facilities staff.
- Manages staff as needed in specific area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Manual skills in use of various hand and power tools
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently
- Performs arithmetical calculations including fractions and decimals
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in small, close spaces; Climb ladders; work in hot, cold and/or noisy environments
- Must have knowledge of standard maintenance tools, equipment and materials
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience in similar position or trade
- Technical school, on the job training, or college level courses in building operation technical areas
- Certification in applicable skills
February 12, 2019