Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
$1500 Sign-On Bonus!
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Performs MRI imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols.
- Demonstrates the use of a microphone that allows patients and technologists to communicate during the examination.
- Enters data, such as patient history, anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry into aperture of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (head or feet first), into the computer.
- Keys commands to specify scan sequences and adjusts transmitters and receivers into the computer.
- Observes patient through a window of a control room and on a closed circuit TV screen to monitor patient safety and comfort.
- Views images of areas being scanned on video display screen to ensure quality of pictures.
- Keys in data on keyboard of camera to photograph images.
- Prepares patient for the imaging process, which can include completing the Patient Screening form, taking a medical history, and explaining the procedure to the patient.
- Adjusts the equipment for the needed scan.
- Properly positions the patient on the MRI machine to get the correct images; which can include lifting or moving disabled patients while maintaining proper patient care, comfort and safety throughout the exam.
- Obtains precise images ordered and in the desired format, repeating the process if necessary.
- Records images for viewing by the ordering physician while following proper record documentation.
- Works with radiologist to determine if additional images need to be taken.
- Complies with all safety policies and regulations, enforcing safety precautions at all times.
- Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems. Calls for service and notifies all pertinent team members.
- Maintains a clean environment.
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from a certified Radiologic Technology Program including a certificate or diploma from a MRI technology program
- Must have A.R.R.T. certification
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy and pathology.
- Knowledge of patient care and safety as it relates to MRI procedures.
- Knowledge of imaging law and ethics, MRI physics, MRI instrumentation, and MRI procedures.
- Skill at positioning and maneuvering patients.
- Skill at showing compassion and patience with the patients physical and psychological needs before, during and after procedures.
- Skill at written and verbal communication.
- Skill at identifying equipment problems and corrects or notifies supervisor.
- Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others. The position is occasionally exposed to minimal radiation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning; will frequently assist patient in arising from exam table; will frequently push wheelchair patients; and frequently assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins, travel to other locations may be required for coverage and staffing needs
Pay: $32.00 – $46.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
- $1500 New Hire Sign On Bonus!
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
October 11, 2021
$32.00 - $46.00/hour, commensurate with experience