Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Operating Room Registered Nurse provides expert professional nursing care; assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care rendered to patients with urgent, emergent, or potential health problems in the intra-operative setting.
Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years operating room experience and be willing to scrub. Orthopaedic OR experience is a plus!
The OR Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Completing pre-operative assessment of patients; reviews and records patient’s health history and notes any abnormal conditions
- Positioning the patient ensuring patient safety, functional alignment, and physical comfort
- Maintaining and monitoring a sterile, controlled environment and ensures adherence to aseptic techniques
- Providing or administering medications ordered by physician; documents administration on OR record
- Scrub cases in assigned OR suite and assist surgical team during operative procedures
- Assist other OR staff with room turnover following surgical procedures
- Graduation from and accredited RN school of nursing
- Current State RN Licensure
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS Certifications
- Minimum of 2 year’s Operating Room experience and be willing to scrub (required). Orthopedic OR experience is a plus!
- Be able to assign high priority to patient safety, comfort, and satisfaction
- Be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Be able to work compatibly with physicians, other department members, and employees in other departments
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $34.50-$45.85/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
January 12, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$34.50-$45.85/hour, commensurate with experience