Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Orderly assists with daily operations of the surgery center and carries out indirect patient case tasks effectively.
The Orderly is responsible for:
- Assisting staff and physicians with care of patients in the Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Stock, order, and organize supplies
- Assist with prep of surgical patients
- Positioning of patients
- Moving equipment
- Assisting ASC personnel when necessary
- Cleaning rooms between procedures
- Assisting with discharge of patients
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience with the care and treatment of surgical instruments
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and hands on experience with autoclaves
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 12 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 12 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 12 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will occasionally assist patients in turning (170 lb average); will occasionally assist patient in arising from exam table; will occasionally push wheelchair patients; and occasionally assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Loveland, travel to other locations may be required for coverage and staffing needs
Pay: $16.00 – $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
October 24, 2022
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$16.00 - $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience