Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Referral Specialist manages daily external referrals. This position is responsible for contacting patients, answering their questions, and making appointments for them. The Referral Specialist also ensures the referrals are scanned and documented into the appropriate systems.
The Referral Specialist is responsible for:
- Managing daily external referrals; ensuring referrals are properly scanned into the appropriate systems
- Using the telephone to contact patients and making appointments for patients
- Answering patient’s questions concerning appointments
- Contacting referring providers with status updates
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have one year previous medical appointment scheduling experience
- Have computer skills and familiarity with Appointment Scheduling programs
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours a day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear and must be able to speak articulately. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins
Pay: $16.00 – $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status
June 27, 2022
$16.00 – $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience