Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Admitting Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to support the effective business operation of the surgery center and efficient patient processing, including maintaining medical records. They must be flexible to the staffing needs of the surgery center.
The Admitting Assistant is responsible for:
- The accurate processing and record keeping of information related to patients, patient accounts, medical records, and other business functions
- Maintaining good relationships with patients and others through required contact
- Receiving, registering, and otherwise processing patients arriving for surgery appointments
- Establishing patient accounts by preparing insurance and other third party payer forms, and patient billing forms including processing of charges and payments either manually or using computerized equipment
- Receiving and distributing incoming telephone calls
- Performing pre-authorizations/evaluations of benefits as needed prior to surgical procedures and communicate complications with director, billing personnel, and the patient as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of office equipment including computer and fax
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience in administrative office procedures, including 1 year of healthcare related experience
- Capable of reading and reviewing handwritten chart notations
- Capable of positioning patients, transporting patients by cart or wheelchair, and lifting, moving or transporting supplies, instruments and equipment within reasonable weight limits.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $16.00 – $22.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
May 9, 2022
Ambulatory Surgery Center
Full Time (Business Office)
$16.00 - $22.00/hour, commensurate with experience