Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Admitting/Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to support the effective business operation of the surgery center and efficient patient processing, including maintaining medical records. The employee must be flexible to the staffing needs of the surgery center. During slow weeks the employee may be asked to take cut back time.
The Admitting/Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Receive, register and otherwise process patients arriving for surgery appointments, obtain and/or verify information for registration, medical records, patient billing and insurance including written patient consent.
- Establish patient accounts; prepare insurance and other third party payer forms, patient billing forms including processing of charges and payments either manually or using computerized equipment.
- Prepare patient medical records, file record information in appropriate order, analyze records for completeness, and maintain filing system.
- Enters pre and post-surgical patient information into the information system.
- Performs pre-authorizations/evaluation of benefits as needed prior to surgical procedures and communicates complications with director, billing personnel and patient as necessary.
- Transcribes letters, forms and documents as instructed and maintains general office filing system.
- Receive and distribute incoming telephone calls.
- Assists in computer data entry and scheduling.
- Graduate from high school
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of office equipment including, computer and fax
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of related experience in administrative office procedures including 1 year healthcare related experience
- Capable of positioning patients, transporting patients by cart or wheelchair, and lifting, moving or transporting supplies, instruments and equipment within reasonable weight limits.
- Capable of reading and reviewing handwritten chart notations
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $16.00 – $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
November 1, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$16.00 - $22.00/hour, commensurate with experience