Are you passionate about serving patients in an inspiring work environment alongside talented people? Get moving with OCR! With over 50 years in business, we are the premier provider of orthopedic care in the tri state region. Our organization continues to grow and we are looking for individuals who share our mission.
The Appointment Scheduler answers telephones and makes appointments for patients, maintains accurate and orderly schedules for clinic physicians, attends training seminars to learn computerized appointment scheduling, and maintains proficient computer skills per established workflows and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processes a high volume of incoming calls for appointments. Schedules appointments for OCR physicians in accordance with the physician and/or department requirements, coordinating with other departments as necessary. Transfers calls appropriately if needed, in a multi-extension system.
- Instructs patients to bring with them appropriate paperwork (insurance cards, x-rays, disability paperwork, etc.) per protocol.
- Answers patient’s questions concerning appointments.
- Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Notifies and coordinates with appropriate Medical Assistant any changes (additions/cancelations) for same-day/next day patient appointments and for emergent patient requests.
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- One year of previous medical appointment scheduling preferred. Familiarity with scheduling software Centricity, a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, orthopedic specialty a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type accurate patient information.
- Knowledge of proper phone etiquette and customer service concepts and techniques.
- Core competencies in communication, customer service, use of technology, adaptability, teamwork and confidentiality.
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status
August 7, 2023
$16.00 - $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience