Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for:
- Maintaining proper certifications/licenses, and know and understand current HIPAA and FERPA regulations as it applies to patient care and confidentiality
- Knowing and understanding current Colorado laws with respect to practice act, scope of practice, and must know and understand School District policies and procedures for emergency protocols. They must communicate with their direct supervisor about their schedule at the high schools and any changes that have been made to the original schedules.
- Communicating effectively with their Director as to the practices and games that they will cover. They are to notify the Director of any changes to designated coverage areas.
- While at the high school, recognition, evaluation, and emergency treatment, rehabilitation or reconditioning of injuries, referral to other healthcare professionals as appropriate and documentation of the above
- Documenting injury evaluations and treatment plans including referrals
- Have NATA BOC in good standing (Required)
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with physicians and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as interact appropriately with individuals on a variety of levels
- Schedule flexibility to work at the high school or in the office
- Be team-oriented with the ability to develop creative solutions to problem situations
Job Type: Full-Time
Location and Travel Requirements: Primary location in Longmont, with travel required to other locations
Pay: $50,000 – $65,000/per year, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
November 8, 2021
$50,000 - $65,000/per year, commensurate with experience