Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Athletic Trainer/Cast Tech/DME is responsible for:
- Assisting in the Bump and Bruise Clinic as directed, including in evaluation of injuries, rehabilitation, referrals, and documentation of the visit
- Performing therapeutic exercises and neuromuscular re-education in the clinic as directed by the physician
- Assisting the physician in procedures including application and removal of casts and instructing patients in cast care including danger signs.
- Allaying patient fears regarding cast removal
- Fitting DME per the provider order
- Patient education pertaining to the purpose and fit of the DME item
- Explanation of patient payment responsibility for the DME item
- Maintaining proper certifications/licenses, and knowing and understanding HIPAA and FERPA regulations regarding patient care and confidentiality, as well as Colorado laws with respect to practice and and scope of practice
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university. Must hold current Athletic Trainer Certification by National Athletic Trainers Association in good standing
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with physicians and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as interact appropriately with individuals on a variety of levels
- Schedule flexibility to work at the high school or in the office
- Be team-oriented with the ability to develop creative solutions to problem situations
- Have knowledge of all types of orthopedic surgery and state of the art of cast management including all types of current forms of immobilization
- Have knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, anatomy and physiology as related to fractures, fracture care, and various anomalies
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $18.00 – $23.00 /hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
April 12, 2021
$18.00 - $23.00 /hour, commensurate with experience