Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Authorization/Benefits Coordinator primarily manages all aspects of the surgical benefits process including verifying patient benefits, contacting patients regarding eligibility and payment, entering surgical charges and receipts, following up on aging receivables, and resolving any issues related to this process. This position works closely with insurance coordinators to develop knowledge, communicate changes or adjustments and resolve issues with patient accounts.
The Authorization Coordinator is responsible for:
- Performing a variety of procedures associated with patient information related to benefits
- Contacting insurance carriers regarding the eligibility of patient benefits for scheduled surgical procedures for OCR physicians performed in various hospitals and/or ambulatory surgery centers ensuring verification and any benefit issues are completed prior to surgery.
- Determining patient out-of-pocket expenses using estimate provided by surgery authorization personnel and patient insurance plan. Notifies patients of determined expenses and establishes payment arrangements per guidelines and department protocols.
- Performing pre-authorization duties involving approval from insurance companies, referral information, and all documents related to future follow-up
- Providing estimates of surgical procedure
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate understanding of medical procedures
- Have experience in customer service with the public
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and coordinate with insurance companies
- Have ability to understand insurance contracts and how to apply surgery procedures
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills under minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Positions available in Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, and Longmont
Pay: $15.22 – $22.38 /hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
May 11, 2021
$15.22 - $22.38 /hour, commensurate with experience