Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With talented, hardworking, and friendly staff, we work toward the common goal of serving residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are adding talented people in all of our locations!
The Billing Specialist is responsible for:
- Performing a variety of procedures associated with patient information related to benefits
- Performing pre-authorization duties involving approval from insurance companies, referral information, and all documents related to future follow-up
- Providing estimates of surgical procedure
- Posting charges with the correct diagnosis and modifier codes
- Posting payments to the corresponding date of service, and verify payment is processed according to contract
- Follow-up on denied and outstanding claims
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of medical procedures
- Experience in customer service with the public
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate with insurance companies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills under minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $17.00 – $23.00 /hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
December 9, 2021
$17.00 - $23.00 /hour, commensurate with experience