Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
Job Duties include:
- Assist the physician in procedures including application of plaster and fiberglass casts; instruct patients in cast care including danger signs.
- Apply casts, remove casts and allay patients’ fears regarding cast removal.
- Understand and practice aseptic technique; set up and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Perform sterile preps on limb or part, as necessary for special procedures, (i.e., joint aspirations, arthrogram x-ray studies, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of blocks and assist in reduction of fx.
- Remove sutures and apply dressings.
- Fit custom bracing.
- Teach patients the proper methods for crutch, cane and walker ambulation.
- Instruct patients and assist them in the performance of specific exercises as directed by the orthopedic surgeon.
February 12, 2020
Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley
Ideal candidate has either Ortho Tech certification or Athletic Trainer certification. Formal training which will probably be indicated by graduation from an Orthopedic Technician program or equivalent on-the-job training and experience working in this field; ability to communicate effectively; appropriate additional experience may by substituted for a college degree.