Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
Cast Tech Duties include:
- Assist the physician in procedures including application of plaster and fiberglass casts; instruct patients in cast care including danger signs.
- Apply casts, remove casts and allay patients’ fears regarding cast removal.
- Understand and practice aseptic technique; set up and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Perform sterile preps on limb or part, as necessary for special procedures, (i.e., joint aspirations, arthrogram x-ray studies, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of blocks and assist in reduction of fx.
- Remove sutures and apply dressings.
- Fit custom bracing.
- Teach patients the proper methods for crutch, cane and walker ambulation.
- Instruct patients and assist them in the performance of specific exercises as directed by the orthopedic surgeon
- Ortho Tech certification or Athletic Trainer certification
- Formal training which will probably be indicated by graduation from an Orthopedic Technician program or equivalent – appropriate additional experience may be substituted for a college degree
- Ability to communicate effectively
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins
Pay: $16.00 – $24.50/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
March 16, 2021
$16.00 - $24.50/hour, commensurate with experience