Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Cast Tech is responsible for:
- Assisting in the Bump and Bruise Clinic as directed, including in evaluation of injuries, rehabilitation, referrals, and documentation of the visit
- Performing therapeutic exercises and neuromuscular re-education in the clinic as directed by the physician
- Assisting the physician in procedures including application and removal of casts and instructing patients in cast care including danger signs.
- Allaying patient fears regarding cast removal
- Fitting DME per the provider order
- Patient education pertaining to the purpose and fit of the DME item
- Explanation of patient payment responsibility for the DME item
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with physicians and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as interact appropriately with individuals on a variety of levels
- Schedule flexibility to work at the high school or in the office
- Be team-oriented with the ability to develop creative solutions to problem situations
- Have knowledge of all types of orthopedic surgery and state of the art of cast management including all types of current forms of immobilization
- Have knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, anatomy and physiology as related to fractures, fracture care, and various anomalies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning; will frequently assist patient in arising from exam table; will frequently push wheelchair patients; and frequently assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Longmont, travel to other locations may be required for coverage and staffing needs
Pay: $17.00 – $28.00 /hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
October 11, 2021
$17.00 - $28.00 /hour, commensurate with experience