Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The coding specialist is responsible for:
- Performing initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes used to report physician services to third party payers
- Interpreting progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries, and change documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services
- Entering appropriate data into the EMR/billing system by selecting appropriate code, diagnosis, and modifiers
- Reviewing provider surgery logs and other reports of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients
- Reviewing physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines
- Coordinating with team members of the billing office as necessary
- Taking ownership of special projects, research data, and following through with detailed action plans
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have good working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy (required)
- Be a Certified Professional Coder
- Have 5 years’ experience with CPT/ICD-10/ICD-9 coding. Experience in orthopedic physician services is a plus!
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $18.00-$28.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
November 2, 2020