Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The coding specialist is responsible for:
- Performing initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes used to report physician services to third party payers
- Interpreting progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries, and change documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services
- Entering appropriate data into the EMR/billing system by selecting appropriate code, diagnosis, and modifiers
- Reviewing provider surgery logs and other reports of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients
- Reviewing physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines
- Coordinating with team members of the billing office as necessary
- Taking ownership of special projects, research data, and following through with detailed action plans
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have good working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy (required)
- Be a Certified Professional Coder
- Have 5 years’ experience with CPT/ICD-10/ICD-9 coding. Experience in orthopedic physician services is a plus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position.
September 11, 2020