Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
$2000 Sign-On Bonus
The Surgical Technologist/Certified Surgical Technologist assists in patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse and according to the policies and procedures of the department. The trained technologist is assigned scrub duties, instrument processing/sterilization duties and specific patient care duties in relation to the complexity of the patient’s condition.
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for:
- Attending to assigned scrub duties, instrument processing/sterilization duties, and specific patient care duties in relation to the complexity of the patient’s condition
- Assisting OR staff with room turnover post procedure including reprocessing instruments, mopping floor, wiping/disinfecting equipment, etc.
- Assisting in patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse and according to the policies and procedure of the department
- Following policies for infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Creating and updating preference cards for each physician for each type of procedure he/she performs.
- Following policies for infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have completed a recognized surgical technologist training program
- Have knowledge of and experience with processing/sterilizing surgical instruments
- Communicate and work compatibly with physicians, RN’s, and other staff
- Be dedicated to patient comfort, satisfaction, and safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and frequently uses hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 12 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 12 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 12 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will occasionally assist patients in turning (170 lb average); will occasionally assist patient in arising from exam table; will occasionally push wheelchair patients; and occasionally assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Loveland, travel to other locations may be required for coverage and staffing needs
Pay: $24.00 – $38.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
- $2000 Sign-On Bonus
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status
January 10, 2022
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$24.00 - $38.00/hour, commensurate with experience