Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for:
- Various duties associated with registering patients by gathering all necessary insurance and demographic information
- Obtaining appropriate referrals or authorization for patient visits to ensure timely and prompt payment by insurance
- Working with a close-knit team that supports all clinical and billing personnel to ensure patient, physician, and co-worker satisfaction and accurate data entry
- Working closely with the Front Desk Team Lead and Billing Manager to ensure that customer service is first priority and that all daily tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintaining current and up-to-date reference materials on insurance plans as provided
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experience with outstanding customer service
- Be detail oriented, dedicated, dependable, and professional
- Have the ability to multi-task in a high volume and fast-paced clinic
- Have previous medical experience and computer skills (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours a day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear and must be able to speak articulately. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins
Pay: $16.00 – $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
September 1, 2021
$16.00 - $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience