Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
Interested applicants must apply here: https://hrxservices.applytojob.com/apply/SnUiYaXhcS/Human-Resource-Specialist
Position Summary: Human Resources Specialist carries out benefit responsibilities for a faced paced hospital located in Northern Colorado, administering and advising employees and management on the interpretation of health and safety benefit policies, programs, and procedures. This position works cross-functionally within the Human Resource (HR) team, with service line leads and managers, and with external partners to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency in the application of benefit programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and gives advice to employees, supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolving employee benefit needs; acts as initial HR contact for all aspects of benefits policies and processes for the organization, escalating as needed to Director of Human Resources.
- Performs administrative work involved in the benefit functions, including but not limited to: carrier invoice and premium deduction reconciliations, working with vendor partners to maintain the system and data integrity across various platforms, following up with employees and benefit partners (broker, carriers, vendors, etc.) to ensure completion of leave per established protocols and maintaining related records.
- Responsible for open enrollment, benefit enrollments/changes, and coordination of benefits with employees while on leave or during a qualifying event.
- Ensures that benefit programs are carried out in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assists Director of Human Resources with benefit negotiations and renewals.
- Coordinates and communicates the organization’s leave of absence policies and procedures to relevant employees. Ensures consistency in policy application across internal divisions and service lines.
- Collaborates with human resources leadership, payroll, and compensation teams to research and resolve employee leave issues.
- Replies to benefits’ inquiries accurately and timely.
- Aids employees and supervisors in completing required leave of absence paperwork and reviews documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Supports human resource and management teams by providing reports related to employees leave of absence and administrative tasks.
- Processes worker’s compensation claims, manage to leave and return to work approvals.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school highly preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- 2 years of prior benefit and leave management experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must be comfortable communicating benefits and managing large employee leave management system
- CEBS, aPHR, PHR, or SHRM-CP desired
What do we have to offer, amazing Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit-sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
Pay: 50K – 52K depending on education and experience.
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
June 9, 2021
50K - 52K depending on education and experience.