Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Instrument Technician is responsible for the cleaning, sterilization, care and maintenance of all surgical instruments. This position is also responsible for pulling, organizing, and preparing all surgical supplies required for the following day’s procedures. The Instrument Technician must function as an integral member of the Operating room team.
The Instrument Tech is responsible for:
- Cleaning, disinfecting, decontaminate all instruments; assemble/reassemble instrument trays according to standard protocol; wrap and sterilize all instruments/instrument trays.
- Performing required biological testing of autoclaves daily and maintain documentation of that testing
- Pulling, organizing, and preparing all surgical supplies required for the following days procedures
- Checking sterile instrument packages for breaks in sterile packaging; repackage and re-sterilize contaminated instruments/supplies.
- Cleaning internal and external surfaces of autoclaves every other week.
- Maintaining records for instrument tracking
- Functioning as an integral member of the O.R. Team
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma
- Have knowledge of sterilization processes, Universal Precautions, and surgical equipment and supplies
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Be able to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, and those in other departments
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins, travel to other locations may be required for coverage and scheduling needs
Pay: $16.00-$24.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
August 13, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center
Full Time (Non-exempt)
$16.00-$24.00/hour, commensurate with experience