Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The MRI Tech Aide provides excellent patient care and clerical assistance to the MRI department. They assist the RI Technologist and staff through support duties to include but not limited to patient care and positioning, MRI exam setup and take down, data entry and MRI clearance tasks, check in and check out, and any other duties as assigned by management. Must be able to work afternoons/evenings and weekends, though some schedule flexibility is available.
The MRI Technologist Aide is responsible for:
- Working closely with MRI Technologists and MRI Office staff
- Assisting with exam set up, escorting patients to and from the scanner, changing rooms, and lobby
- Aiding patients with mobility limitations to and from the changing rooms, on and off the MRI table, and to and from the parking lot
- Administrative duties including cleaning and stocking the MRI scanning rooms, changing rooms, and lobby, answering phones, and the check in/out processes
The ideal candidate will:
- Be cleared to work in and around an MRI scanner and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Have an educational background in health sciences, human anatomy, patient care, and medical terminology. Extra consideration given to those with Medical Assistant program or other health sciences background
- Be available to work weekends and afternoons/evenings
- Be able to multitask in a busy office environment
- Have excellent customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others. The position is occasionally exposed to minimal radiation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning; will frequently assist patient in arising from exam table; will frequently push wheelchair patients; and frequently assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Part-Time with some schedule flexibility for students
Pay: $16.00-$22.00/hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position is not benefit eligible, but is eligible for a $1000 New Hire Sign On Bonus!
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
November 8, 2021
$16.00-$22.00/hour, commensurate with experience