Are you passionate about serving patients in an inspiring work environment alongside talented people? Get moving with OCR! With over 50 years in business, we are the premier provider of orthopedic care in Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska. Our organization continues to grow and we are looking for individuals who share our mission.
The Medical Biller performs routine processes associated with entering patient demographic and insurance information, office charges, surgery charges, payments and adjustments. This position works closely with insurance coordinators to develop a thorough understanding of insurance plans and a basic understanding of OCR participation with insurance carriers. The Medical Biller also performs cashiering duties involving settlements of patient accounts and related clerical activities, issuing receipts, preparing bank deposits, and maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes, modifiers and respective charges and maintains accurate entry into computer system.
- Posts daily visit charges and receipts into the correct patient account in an accurate and timely manner. Totals and matches all batches run for posting and forwards to designated personnel for proofing.
- Records and updates patient demographic information and obtains required billing and insurance information from patients and/or co-workers as needed. Processes billing from the Health Care Finance Administration and Uniform Billing Form 92 (UB92).
- Examines visit tickets, claim forms and explanation of benefits for potential problems and communicates findings in a timely manner.
- Communicates all concerns, risk management issues, breakdown in protocol and constructive criticisms to supervisor. Follows chain-of-command established by the supervisor when addressing protocol issues outside of business office department.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area including personal area, computer room, and record storage area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum one year experience in data entry role preferably in a medical environment. Education may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Proven speed and accuracy in data entry and 10-key procedures.
- Core competencies in quality, detail oriented, planning/organizing, communication, teamwork, and confidentiality.
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored events
- Annual merit increases
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
October 12, 2023
$18.00 - $25.00/hour, commensurate with experience