Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
We are currently seeking an experienced Hand and upper extremity specialist therapist, ideally credentialed as a Certified Hand Therapist, to aid the continued development of the hand therapy service in our Fort Collins clinic. Patient referrals are from orthopedic surgeons as well as other disciplines from Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska. The conditions seen in the therapy department compromise approximately 70% orthopedic trauma and have a varied range of diagnoses in addition to other specialties including: rheumatology, occupational medicine, emergency and general practice.
The hand therapy service is a busy and friendly unit where advanced splinting and upper extremity management skills are essential. There is a well-structured team and ongoing continuing education is encouraged.
This position requires skills in organization and innovation, coordinating a caseload in a rapidly growing clinic. There is very close liaison with the physicians, other hand therapists, physical therapists and athletic trainers within this outpatient specialist therapy service, both within OCR as well as outlying regions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins, travel to other locations may be required for coverage and staffing needs
Pay: $72,000 – $90,000/year, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
September 13, 2021
$72,000 - $90,000/year, commensurate with experience