Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
- Prepares set‑up, materials and equipment for cases as needed and assists surgeons in all types of procedures as required.
- Sets‑up operates and/or monitors the use of various systems, equipment and instrumentation required for the care of patients.
- Assists in the transportation, positioning, and pre‑operative preparation of patients.
- Reviews and verifies patient information, identification and chart forms.
- Maintains inventory control of supplies and medications, including appropriate records and documentation.
- Performs and record the orders of physicians including administration of medications.
- Maintains nursing notes on the patient record, currently paper charting.
- Implements the principles of surgical asepsis. Maintains operating room and equipment in an aseptic and functional manner.
- Creates and maintains a safe and comfortable environment in which surgery can take place.
- Uses good nursing judgment and decision making and has the knowledge of and ability to use the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care.
- Monitors overall patient care and reports any unusual occurrence, circumstances or discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Acts in an efficient, rational manner in emergencies.
- Assists with patient care in the pre‑op and post‑op area as needed.
- Acts as patient advocate in meeting his/her physical and psychological needs.
- Assists in instrument room, pre-op/PACU and/or with clerical duties as deemed necessary.
- Performs designated monthly and quarterly departmental cleaning duties, daily stocking of supplies and tidying of OR areas.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in Colorado.
- Physically capable of positioning patients, transporting patients by cart or wheelchair, and lifting, moving or transporting supplies, instruments and equipment.
- Physically capable of communicating with other OR personnel wearing routine OR attire, i.e. masks.
- Physically capable of reading and reviewing handwritten chart notations.
- Suggest a minimum of 2 years’ experience with at least 1 year experience in the operating room.
- Certified in BLS and ACLS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: PRN
Pay: $34.50-$45.85/hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position is not benefit eligible
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
October 11, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center
Full Time (Non-exempt)
$34.50 - $45.85 / Hour, Commensurate with Experience