Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience in phlebotomy and EKG processes are required.
Responsible for duties related to performing electrocardiogram (EKG) testing, specimen collection, and processing of patient specimens for testing. Is responsible for the oversight of all lab processes and is the primary lab contact for a dynamic orthopaedic practice.
- Under the direction of department director, the Lab/EKG Technician:
- Proficiently collects blood specimens in a timely manner as specified by laboratory policies and procedures.
- Proficiently receive, prepare, process and store samples for testing; this includes properly tracking and preparation of samples to appropriate processing location.
- Proficiently performs electrocardiogram (EKG) testing specified by provider order.
- Other support tasks include telephone answering, non-blood specimen collections, special procedures, customer support, and any clerical duties required.
- Lab/EKG Technician will be primarily based in Fort Collins but may occasionally work in other OCR campus(s).
Duties listed above provide support for a M-F 8am-5pm operation to aid the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Lab/EKG Technician is expected to be technically proficient at all times in a dynamic orthopaedic practice.
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Fort Collins
Pay: $15.50 – $28.00/hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position is not benefit eligible
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
May 28, 2021
$15.50 - $28.00/hour, commensurate with experience