Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced physical therapist to assist in the continued development of outpatient therapy services in our Lafayette, Colorado facility. The therapy service is a busy and friendly unit where advanced skills are essential. There is a well structured team and ongoing continuing education is encouraged.
We are looking for a self reliant person, well experienced in both conservative and post-operative management of upper and lower extremity conditions; including large joint replacement and trauma cases as well as spine disorders. A strong background in manual therapy and neuromusculoskeletal orthopaedic treatment techniques will be essential, in addition to the enthusiasm and drive to participate in continuing program development as well as maintain close liaison and mutual respect with the referring physicians, physical and occupational/hand therapists as well as the management team.
This position requires skills in organization and innovation and coordination of a caseload in a rapidly growing outpatient clinic. There is very close liaison with the referring physicians, other hand therapists, physical therapists and certified athletic trainers within this specialist therapy service, both within OCR as well as outlying regions.
Responsible for evaluating/assessing needs of referred patients and formulating treatment plans, including goal setting. Provide therapy services as defined in treatment plans. Work cooperatively with patients, physicians, case managers, and adjustors and therapy support staff. May supervise physical therapy assistants/students, aides and certified athletic trainers.
The physical guidelines include ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist patient in arising from exam table, push wheelchair patients, and assist patient in arising from and returning to wheelchair.
Minimum requirements: graduate of approved Physical Therapy program at an accredited university or college; licensed physical therapist in the state of Colorado in good standing, current CPR certification, and extensive prior orthopaedic and manual therapy experience. Strong skills in managing stressful situations, demonstrated ability in organizational and communication skills. Experience with electronic medical record documentation tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Lafayette, CO
Pay: $72,000 – $90,000/year, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
July 29, 2021
$72,000 - $90,000/year, commensurate with experience