Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) is responsible for providing patient care including assessing, interpreting, planning and implementing special physical therapy treatments based on the treatment plan established by the primary Physical Therapist. The PTA will work cooperatively with physicians, case managers, and adjusters.
Job Duties include:
- Contribute to physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary, implementing physical therapy directives
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Improve patient motor function and promote the capability of patients to function independently
- Assist physical therapists in developing treatment plans
- Direct patients in carrying out specific exercises and treat patients with a variety of therapeutic techniques
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Colorado Physical Therapy Assistant certification
- Current BLS certification
- Physiological knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with patients, physicians, and coworkers
- Excellent customer service skills
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Collins
Pay: $21.00 – $31.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education, depending on position
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
May 28, 2021
$21.00 - $31.00/hour, commensurate with experience