Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Pre-Admission Teaching RN is responsible for:
- Performing assessment with patient prior to admission – in person or via telephone
- Collecting the patient’s medical, pharmaceutical, surgical, and family history and updates the current health history as necessary
- Working closely with the anesthesia, Pre-Op/PACU department and Clinical staff in coordinating the patient’s needs in order to have a successful surgical outcome
- Performing outbound post-operative follow-up calls as requested, and answering inquiries in a timely and helpful manner
- Demonstrate flexibility in performance of patient care tasks to achieve timely, responsive, cost effective and high-quality care. Demonstrates flexibility in performance to achieve the ASC’s goals
The ideal candidate will:
- Have graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
- Have current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado
- Have current BLS, ACLS, and PALS for Healthcare Provider certifications
- Have a minimum of 2 years of OR, Pre-Op/PACU or Recovery Center experience
- Have experience in an Ambulatory Surgery Center (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is the typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 10 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Fort Collins
Pay: $32.00 – $44.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
November 22, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$32.00 - $44.00/hour, commensurate with experience