Are you passionate about serving patients in an inspiring work environment alongside talented people? Get moving with OCR! With over 50 years in business, we are the premier provider of orthopedic care in the tri state region. Our organization continues to grow and we are looking for individuals who share our mission.
The PreOp/PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for total nursing care of all pre-and post-surgical patients, including education enabling patient to become a partner in their recovery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in (or performs under medical direction) diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including administration of medications, application of drugs, starting intravenous drips (IV’s), application of orthopedic devices (i.e. continuous passive motion (CPM) devices, cast shoes), and preparation of patients for surgery including appropriate surgical site preparation, in efficient and timely manner.
- Ensures pre-operative care requirements of patients are accomplished thorough use of the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Records health history of patients; notes abnormal conditions for physician.
- Performs preoperative teachings efficiently and timely.
- Associates Degree from an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgery center procedures and protocols.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing.
- Core competencies in interpersonal skills, communication, teamwork, reasoning and problem solving, safety and confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willing to travel to multiple locations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Colorado Registered Nurse (RN) license. Must provide proof of license and be in good standing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, preferred.
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 12 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 12 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 12 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning (170 lb average); will regularly assist patient in arising from exam table; will regularly push wheelchair patients; and regularly assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
- Paid sick leave
- Company-sponsored events
- Annual increases (based on performance)
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
October 30, 2023
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$33.00 - $46.00/hour, commensurate with experience