Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Pre-Op/PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care and service during the preoperative and postoperative period, evaluating, integrating and making nursing judgments pertaining to the patient’s condition on a routine and emergency basis. Works as team members to assure all tasks in pre-op and PACU are accomplished. The employee must be flexible to the staffing needs of the surgery center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in (or perform under medical direction) diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including administration of medications, application of drugs, starting IV’s, application of orthopedic devices (i.e. CPMs, cast shoes), and preparation of patients for surgery including appropriate shave and/or scrub of surgical site in efficient and timely manner.
- Record health history of patients; note abnormal conditions for physician.
- Be aware of complications that could result from anesthesia; demonstrate knowledge of appropriate treatment for complications of anesthesia
- Maintain and operate emergency equipment.
- Provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Make entries in clinical records; record charges; complete all paperwork accurately and legibly.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current Colorado license.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with diplomatic abilities.
- Physically capable of positioning patients, transporting patients by cart or wheelchair, and lifting, moving or transporting supplies, instruments and equipment within reasonable weight limits (40#’s).
- Excellent IV skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning (170 lb average); will regularly assist patient in arising from exam table; will regularly push wheelchair patients; and regularly assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience with at least 2 years’ experience in critical care nursing, preferably PACU.
License: Colorado license (Required)
Certifications: BLS, ACLS and PALS
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $33.00 – $46.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
December 9, 2021
Ambulatory Surgery Center
$33.00 - $46.00/hour, commensurate with experience