Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Radiology Technologist performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. Also ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population and uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for:
- Positioning patient and performing diagnostic procedures as required and achieving a high level of image quality
- Ensuring correct patient and exam identification
- Assisting patients with dressing when appropriate
- Educating patients regarding procedures, equipment, and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation
- Using a variety of radiation protections and shielding materials
- Selecting appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters
- Implementing safety standards and performing appropriate quality control procedures on equipment and maintain a safe environment
- Analyzing results and identifying issues with the quality of imaging results
- Taking appropriate action to resolve imaging quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure
- Preparing and maintaining accurate documentation
- Monitoring and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services
The ideal candidate will:
- Have A.R.R.T Certification in good standing (Required)
- Have current BLS certification (Required)
- Demonstrate professional behavior/conduct in all interactions
- Be a team player and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Have strong ethical values and maintain confidentiality of all work information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others. The position is occasionally exposed to minimal radiation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning; will frequently assist patient in arising from exam table; will frequently push wheelchair patients; and frequently assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Loveland, Fort Collins, and Greeley – travel to all locations is required as needed for scheduling and coverage
Pay: $24.00 – $33.50/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
- $1500 New Hire Sign On Bonus!
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
September 21, 2021
$24.00 - $33.50/hour, commensurate with experience