Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Recovery Center Registered Nurse is responsible for total nursing care of all post-surgical patients admitted to either the centers convalescent beds; he/she provides nursing care through therapeutic, rehabilitative and preventive regimes.
The Recovery Center Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Total nursing care of all post-surgical patients admitted to the centers convalescent beds, including assisting in the administration of medications, starting IV’s, and application of orthopedic devices
- Provide nursing care through therapeutic, rehabilitative, and preventative regimes
- Maintaining and operating emergency equipment
- Making entries in clinical records, and completing all paperwork accurately and legibly
The ideal candidate will:
- Have graduated from an accredited RN school of nursing
- Have current State RN Licensure
- Have current CPR and ACLS Certifications
- Have experience in PACU, ICU, or Orthopedic floor nursing
- Assign high priority to patient safety, comfort, and satisfaction
- Be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Be able to work compatibly with physicians, other department members, and employees in other departments
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to ⅓ of working time, “regularly” means between ⅓ and ⅔ of working time, and “frequently” means ⅔ and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will occasionally assist patients in turning (170 lb average); will occasionally assist patient in arising from exam table; will occasionally push wheelchair patients; and occasionally assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
Job Type: PRN
Location: Fort Collins, travel to other locations may be necessary for coverage and scheduling
Pay: $31.73 – $41.69/hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position is not benefit eligible
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
September 27, 2021
$31.73 - $41.69/hour, commensurate with experience