Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
The Surgery Scheduler exceeds our patient’s expectations to provide each of them with the highest comprehensive care, comfort, convenience, and respect for their individuality. Trust, support, and communicate with each other as fellow staff members to deliver consistent and reliable services.
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for:
- Meeting with patients to accommodate them in regard to scheduling their tests and/or surgery, helping them to know what to expect and answering their questions regarding various processes
- Maintaining contact with patients in regard to any changes that need to be made in their scheduled procedures
- Educating the patients regarding their insurance and encouraging them to call their insurance company to obtain the details of their plan
- Coordinating doctors, patients, and facility schedule to book surgery at the appropriate time
- Arranging for equipment and any special needs for a procedure
- Arranging for anesthesia and reps that may need to be present
- Obtaining pre-certifications for upcoming surgeries and diagnostic tests
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be able to work independently as well as interact appropriately with individuals on a variety of levels
- Be team-oriented and have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with coworkers and patients
- Be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $15.22-$22.38/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
March 5, 2021
$15.22-$22.38/hour, commensurate with experience