Rocci Trumper, MD
Dr. Rocci Trumper is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist who has patient appointments at our Fort Collins, CO, office.
The focus of his practice involves the evaluation and treatment of knee injuries in patients and athletes of all ages.
Although Dr. Trumper is a fellowship-trained sports medicine specialist, his practice has focused exclusively on knee issues since 2002.
He has performed more than 4,000 anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructions in his career, and he has an equal passion for caring for patients who need a total or partial knee replacement.
His care for patients involves cradle-to-grave knee surgeries, which include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair
- Patellar realignment
- Total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Cartilage restoration procedures
Dr. Trumper has served as one of our OCR Team Physicians for the Colorado State University athletic department since 1996. Our team physicians for CSU also include Sean Grey, MD, Thomas Anderson, DO, Alissa Wicklund, PhD, and Brian Lancaster, MD.
He also has an active interest in orthopaedic research. His areas of interest in research include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, surgery, and recovery
- Platelet rich plasma in orthopaedics
- Results of partial knee replacement surgery
- Meniscal repair and outcomes
Dr. Trumper holds board certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, together with subspecialty fellowship training in orthopaedic sports medicine.
Dr. Trumper takes care of patients from OCR’s service area of northern Colorado, Wyoming, and western Nebraska.
He is a native of Holyoke, CO. Outside of medicine, Dr. Trumper enjoys spending time with family, as well as golf and flying.
- Member, Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Methodist Sports Medicine Center
1993-1994 — Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery
1989-1993 — State University of New York Health
- Internship in General Surgery
1988-1989 — State University of New York Health
- M. D.
1988 — University of South Dakota School of Medicine, Vermillion, SD
- B. S.
1983 — South Dakota School of Mines, Rapid City, SD
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Knee Disorders
- Sports Medicine (Surgical)