Our digital X-ray and Magnetic Resonance Imaging services provide patients with sharp, high-quality images.
Imaging services are conveniently located at our orthopaedic clinics in northern Colorado.
Our MRI scanner is available at our Fort Collins or Longmont locations.
The OCR physicians have designed the MRI protocols that we use for your scan in order to have the best diagnostic images for your condition.
We would be pleased to schedule your scan. Call Fort Collins MRI at 970-493-0567 or Longmont at 303-772-1600.
Our MRI center is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
MRI scans are available to any person with a doctor’s order; you don’t have to be an OCR patient. A number of doctors in the Fort Collins-Loveland-Greeley area order patient’s scans at our MRI center.
How to Prepare for Your MRI Procedure
- Eat normally
- Take your usual medications unless your doctor gives you other instructions
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment
What to Expect
- When you arrive for your MRI, you will need to check in at Concierge when you enter our Longmont location. Payment is due prior to the images being taken.
- You will be asked to remove your eyeglasses, watch, jewelry, credit cards, dentures, hearing aids and any other metallic objects* you are carrying.
- You will lie down on a cushioned table and when you are comfortably positioned, the table will move through the magnet
- The technologist will step into the control area, but stay in constant contact with you both visually and through an intercom
- As the exam proceeds, you will hear a muffled thumping sound for several minutes at a time
- It is important to lie as still as possible, as any movement during this time will blur the picture
- The exam usually takes 30 to 60 minutes
Digital X-ray, which we installed starting in 2007, provides extremely clear images that are taken quickly, which means even less radiation exposure for patients.
The digital images are very easy to store, enhance, and transfer. We can provide you with a copy of your X-ray on a CD. Just ask us.
X-rays are typically taken at the time of your doctor’s appointment, if your physician orders one to aid in the diagnosis of your condition. Our technologists take patients’ X-rays on a first-come, first-served basis.
Our x-ray department has joined a national campaign pledging to take the best quality x-ray for you and your OCR physician, while using the least possible x-ray exposure. For more information, ask your x-ray technologist at OCR.
The campaign is sponsored in part by the American College of Radiology, the radiology physicians’ national group.
The initiative focuses on safe x-ray imaging for adults and children who are patients at OCR.
The OCR physicians use ultrasound to provide images to help diagnose an injury or condition, and as a guide for injections.
Fort Collins MRI Contact Information
(Located at our Fort Collins facility)
2420 E. Prospect Rd
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Regular Fax: 970-493-0573
Authorizations Fax: 970-419-7102
Longmont MRI Contact Information
1610 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
Phone: (303) 772-1600
Fax: (303) 772-9317
Fort Collins X-ray Contact Information
2500 E. Prospect Rd
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Loveland X-ray Contact Information
3470 E. 15th St
Loveland, CO 80538
Greeley X-ray Contact Information
1900 16th St, 3rd Floor
Greeley, CO 80631
(Our new Greeley office opens May 16, 2016)