Still time to sign up for Coaches Training Day — Sat., June 4
For Immediate Release: March 18, 2016
Contact: Armi Hall, (970) 419-7140, email@example.com
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is pleased to offer the 2nd annual Coaches Training Day for coaches around the region.
This year’s event takes place Sat., June 4, at Fossil Ridge High School, 5400 Ziegler Road, Fort Collins.
The workshop is designed for coaches of athletes in individual and team sports, from rec and middle school, up to college competition. It is organized by OCR’s sports medicine department.
The morning session is offered at no charge to coaches. There is a charge for the CPR training in the afternoon.
Coaches Training Day 2016 is co-sponsored by University of Colorado Health.
Here is the schedule, as of today, March 18:
• 7:00-8:00 am — Registration, Breakfast Provided
• 8:00-8:05 am — Morning Welcome
• 8:05-8:15 am — CHSAA Update
• 8:15-9:15 am — Concussion Training: Alissa Wicklund, PhD, OCR
• 9:15-9:20 am — Break
• 9:20-10:20 am — Sports Nutrition
• 10:30-11:00 am — Breakout Session 1
• 11:05-11:35 am — Breakout Session 2
• 11:40-12:10 pm — Breakout Session 3
• 12:10-1:00 pm — Lunch Provided Lunch
• 1:00-5:00 pm — Full CPR Course (space limited)
Here is a list of the planned breakout topics; coaches pick three of the six to attend.
• Sports Psychology: Michael Griffith, PhD
• Return to Play Following a Concussion: Alissa Wicklund, PhD, and Shayla Foster, ATC, OCR
• Warm up/Cool Down for Every Athlete: Brandon Jones, ATC, OCR
• Full Body Assessment in 5 min.: Mike Bolander, DPT, OCR
• It’s All in the Hips: Chris Porowski, ATC, OCR
• Hands-on Treatment of Common Athletic Injuries: Kate Vardiman, ATC, OCR
For CPR/First Aid/AED training, there are two options for guests to choose from.
Click on this link for instructions on watching CPR training video in advance of the workshop. . Then print out the video completion certificate to bring with you on June 4 along with $10 for your hands-on skills check to be completed in the morning. The cost is $40 (Video $30 plus $10 Day-of for skills check. Your CPR card will be sent directly to your residence.
You may register to be fully trained on June 4, provided by OCR’s Athletic Trainers. We will watch the video, practice, take the test, and check skills all in the same day. Space is limited, so register early. The cost is $50 for the full training. Your CPR card will be sent directly to your residence.
For questions on registration, contact Armi Hall at OCR, firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 419-7140.