Emily M. Wasko, DPM
Dr. Emily Wasko is a podiatrist who is skilled in the care of a variety of foot and ankle conditions and injuries.
Dr. Wasko has appointments with patients at our Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley, CO offices.
Her specialty includes taking care of people who have complications related to their diabetes. These include diabetic foot and wound care problems.
Dr. Wasko especially enjoys helping people with diabetes keep their feet and ankles in good health.
Her practice focus is helping patients with:
- Complications related to diabetes
- Care and healing of wounds related to diabetic ulcerations on the leg caused by problems in the veins or arteries of the leg
- Sports-related injuries and conditions that affect the foot and ankle
- Many other foot and ankle conditions, including heel pain and ingrown toenails
She has experience with many conditions and injuries that affect the toes, forefoot, the rear of the foot, and the ankle. Dr. Wasko enjoys helping people of all ages regain their health, and their ability to use their feet as fully as possible, so they can enjoy their activities and work.
Advanced Wound Care Treatments
Dr. Wasko uses such advanced techniques as:
- bio-engineered graft application
- wound debridement (removal of damaged tissue)
- negative pressure wound therapy
- total contact cast application
- many other methods of decreasing pressure in order to improve healing of chronic wounds.
She performs non-invasive vascular tests (skin perfusion pressure and pulse volume recording) for patients during their appointments.
Education & Training
An Ohio native, she obtained her undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio (2005), where she graduated magna cum laude in Biological Sciences.
Dr. Wasko earned her podiatry degree from Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland (2009).
She completed her three-year residency training program in podiatric medicine and surgery in 2012 at University Hospitals-Richmond Heights Hospital in Cleveland (2009-2012).
Prior to joining OCR, Dr. Wasko worked for a podiatry practice in Cleveland and at the Cleveland Clinic’s Southpointe Hospital Wound Healing Center for four years (2012-2016). During her practice in Cleveland, she performed surgery and prescribed non-surgical treatments for thousands of individuals with foot and ankle problems.
Emily Wasko and Our Foot & Ankle Physician Team
Dr. Wasko takes care of patients from OCR’s service area of northern Colorado, Wyoming, and western Nebraska. She performs surgery at hospitals and surgery centers in Fort Collins and Loveland.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Wasko enjoys spending time with her husband Brian. Her outside interests also include downhill skiing and enjoying the outdoors with her husband and their two dogs.
- Member, Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies
- Cleveland Clinic’s Southpointe Hospital Wound Healing Center and Podiatry Group Practice in Cleveland, OH
- Residency in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
2009-2012 – University Hospitals-Richmond Heights Hospital, Cleveland, OH
- DPM Degree (Doctor of Podiatry)
2006-2009 – Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- B. S. Degree
2005 – Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
Learn More About Common Orthopaedic Conditions & Surgeries
Patient Information from the American Podiatric Medical Association
Patient Information on Foot and Ankle Conditions from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Podiatry Medicine & Surgery
- Diabetic Foot & Wound Care