David Beard, MD
Dr. David Beard is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who sees patients in our Loveland, CO, office.
He specializes in taking care of adults, teenagers, and children who have a sports injury or condition, including knee and shoulder problems. Dr. Beard also takes care of fractures and hip injuries.
Dr. Beard performs a variety of orthopaedic surgeries, such as:
- knee arthroscopy for numerous conditions, including meniscal tears, ligament tears, and loose bodies
- hip replacement, using the traditional posterior technique
- knee replacement
- ACL reconstruction
- rotator cuff and other shoulder repairs
- surgical treatment of common fractures around the shoulder, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle
He joined the Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies in 2000 following his residency training in orthopaedics and several years’ experience as an orthopaedic surgeon in the U.S. Navy.
His military service included time working with the Navy SEALs.
Dr. Beard holds board certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Beard takes care of patients from OCR’s service area of northern Colorado, Wyoming, and western Nebraska. He performs hip, knee, and shoulder surgeries at hospitals and surgery centers in Loveland.
His interests outside medicine include mountain biking, skiing, whitewater rafting, and spending time with his family.
- Member, Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies
- Director, Orthopaedic Surgery
1998-2000 — Naval Hospital, Lemoore, CA
- Residency in orthopaedic surgery
1994-1998 — Naval Medical Center, San Diego
- Diving Medical Officer, US Navy SEALs
1992-1994 — Naval Special Warfare Center
- Internship in general surgery
1990-1991 — Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- M. D.
1986-1990 — Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- B. A.
1986 — University of Colorado
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Replacement Surgery
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Shoulder Disorders
- Knee Disorders